Maximum Flavor Turkey Lasagna
Maximum Flavor Turkey Lasagne
- 1 lb Barilla Oven Ready Lasagne noodles
- Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 (28-oz.) can organic crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 c. torn basil
- 1 (16-oz.) container ricotta, preferably full fat
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 lb. fresh mozzarella, sliced
- Heat olive oil to medium high.
- Add garlic and onion. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and stir.
- Add oregano, red pepper flakes, basil and sugar. Stir.
- Add Turkey and cook for 7-8 minutes. Stir every minute or so.
- Add crushed tomatoes and lower heat to medium low. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Adjust salt to taste. It should take approximately 1 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together ricotta, Parmesan, parsley, and egg. Set aside.
- In a 9x13 baking dish, place a good amount of meat sauce on the bottom.
- Cover with a layer of lasagne noodles.
- Spread ricotta on top of noddles.
- Place mozzarella slices on top of ricotta.
- Repeat layers until you run out of ingredients.
- Top has to be mozzarella
- Sprinkle with Parsley
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Allow to rest 15 minutes before slicing
- garnish with a basil sprig
- Freshly grated Parmesan