Sweet Peach Bakery was born when two young teachers, Sydney Beatty and Blake Holder began striving to brighten the days of friends and family in 2019. Flash forward a few years later, the couple married. Their southern upbringings, and the influence from Sydney’s grandma, great grandma, and great great, grandma (all bakers who have passed down recipes) have ingrained in them a sense of caring for others before they care for themselves. They wanted to reach out to as many people as they could, and they thought, why not expand their horizons past the classroom and their schools- after continuing to receive requests for the desserts they bake, they decided one afternoon to start up Sweet Peach Bakery.
1/2 cup unsalted butter
5-6 cups yellow peaches
2 cups granulated sugar, divided
1 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup whole milk
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Slice peaches
3. Melt the butter in a 9x13 dish in the oven.
4. In a saucepan, add 1 cup of sugar and the sliced peaches. Cook on medium heat until sugar melts and peaches release juice. About 4-6 minutes.
5. Pour peach and sugar mix straight into butter.
6. Whisk all remaining ingredients together to make the batter.
7. Pour over peaches, and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.